Friday, May 8, 2009

My Precious


So I lost my wedding ring about a week ago. I seriously felt like Gallum from Lord of the Rings. One minute I was playing with my ring (I have a habit of pulling it off and putting it back on to make sure my fingers aren't too fat or something). Then, I went to lunch, ate my lunch, returned the leftovers to the fridge and went to the restroom. I'll admit that I was getting a little tired this afternoon, which was part of the reason I went to the restroom--to wake myself up a little bit more. As I was walking back to my desk, I started to play with my ring again. That's when I noticed that there was no ring. Apparently, it had decided it was done with me and slipped off my finger.

I was frantic. I searched everywhere in the restroom. I even took the sink apart (which, by the way, the pipes haven't been cleaned in a really long time), even though there was no way it could fall down the drain. All week, I prayed that I would find my ring. I was sure that it was hopeless. During this time, I also read the parable of the lost coin and the parable of the unjust judge. I think it was on Tuesday when I said something like this, "Heavenly Father, I recently read the parable of the unjust judge when Christ says that even the judge gave into this request because of the many petitions. I know this is just a ring, but it's very important to me. Please help me find it."

On Wed., my boss came back from vacation. I casually mentioned that I had lost my ring and he suggested that I send around an email. I hadn't done this because there are only three people who regularly use the building where I lost it.

Early the next day, my manager peaks his head in my office and says, "I found something you might be interested in. It's on the fridge." He had found my ring inside the fridge. To this day, I can't tell you what happened, but I have my ring back, and I didn't have to bite off a finger and fall into lava to get it back either. Prayer does work, even if it's for something petty like a ring, sometimes we just have to persistent (even a whole weeks worth). Now if only I could find my driver's license. It never leaves my wallet, but when I went to pull it out the other day it gone. Oh well, I'm not so attached to that and it's only like $20 to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment