- Didn't have cash for toll.
- Saw the statue of liberty from the ferry.
- Ate at McDonald's at times square (because it was cold)-girl in front stole our food.
- Took a picture of Elmo and Mickey
- Saw some giant, weird lookin white guys (when I say white I don't mean Caucasian, I mean WHITE).
- Sat on a giant M&M and saw a giant bottle of hersey syrup next to a candy bar the size of my son.
Grand Central Station
- Took subway to Grand Central Station and almost got mugged.
- Helped a couple our age find their way to Times Square with a map we stole (I think it was free)
- They tried to direct us towards Rockefellar Center (2 blocks from Times Square)
Rockefellar Center/Empire State Building
- While attempting to walk to Rockefeller center, we ended up at the empire state building (about 2 miles the other way).
- Remembered that I have an iphone with a map that provides direction and there was no excuse for getting lost.
- On the return trip to Rockefellar Center, we stopped to rest at the library (you have to have special doors unlocked if you want to actually see a book)
- Watched a wedding at the Patrick's Cathedral
- finally, made it to Rockefeller's to watch people ice skate.
Central Park and Temple
- Got lost on the subway trying to visit Central Park and the temple.
- After finding the right subway, we were unable to push our way through the people at the stop for the temple.
- Next stop-saw central park (it was even more freezing than when we started and my wife was even more pregnant, so we saw it and walked on).
- Started walking towards the temple, saw someone being arrested.
- One block short of viewing the temple, we gave up and got back on the freeway headed home.
Travel Back to Relatives
- If you think our adventure ends there-OH NO.
- Our GPS took us over the Brooklyn Bridge and through New York (exactly what we were trying to avoid by parking at Staten Island) through a tunnel that goes under the water.
Let me just say that although I enjoyed spending the time with my beautiful wife and had fun seeing the sites, I do not HEART NY.